Unfortunately, 2019 entries are all now sold out
Entries for the 2019 race on Sunday September 1st are now open and more details plus registration instructions can be found on our Results Base partner page
Further race and competitor information is available and can be found by clicking the links below:
- Date and time: Sunday 1st September 2019, race starts at 8am and finishes at approx. 12.30pm
- Participants: Approximately 120 teams of 3 will be taking part from very experienced (and competitive!) athletes to those having a go for the first time. Each member of the team swims, cycles and then runs before handing over to the next member of the team
- Spectators: The event is well known for being quite unusual (and slightly mad) in terms of race format and therefore attracts a lot of attention and spectators!
- Marshalling: There will be around 80 members of the HAT club marshalling the event
- British Triathlon Federation Approved: British Triathlon provide a race referee for the event. Motorcycle referees will also be in attendance as certified by Triathlon England
- Triathlon England south east Senior Series: in 2019 the event forms part of this series, see more details at http://www.triathlonengland.org/south-east/take-part/senior_series/events
- Race Co-ordinator: Michelle Peckham email@example.com
- Race Course: The swim takes place in the lake (400m), the cycle passes through Barns Green, Brooks Green, Coolham, along the A272 then back to Southwater via the A24 (approx. 12 miles), the run is twice round the Country Park (approx. 2 miles)
- Final Finishers: At around 10:45am all remaining third leg competitors who have not yet started their race will be set off from the holding pen, regardless of the position of their number two teammate. THIS WILL NOT IMPACT FINAL TEAM TIMES as these will be calculated and added up in the usual way. Horsham Amphibians introduced this change in 2018 as we want everyone to have a good race experience and avoid imposing cut-off times. Hopefully this will also enhance the race experience for our slower competitors as they will avoid a long wait in the holding pen!
- First Aid: St Johns Ambulance will be present at the event with staff and an ambulance. Horsham Lifesavers are also in attendance. A full risk assessment has been completed for this event and is signed off by Sussex Police and Horsham District Council Events Officers.
- Food & Drink: Food and drink is provided by the café at the Country Park
- Facilities: Toilets and limited showering facilities are available at the event. Alan Law Physiotherapy will be present for a post-race massage and Pedal Out Cycles for any last minute bike tweaks
- Race Memento: every participant will receive a race memento from the event
- Prize-giving: there will be trophies up for grabs for a number of categories including first mens, first ladies and first mixed teams (to be a mixed team there must be at least one female), first mens vets and first ladies vets (vets category is ages 40+). Prize giving will take place by the lake around 12.30pm as the remaining competitors are cheered home!